17 April 2012

Work, Play, Think.....

Oh I am just sooooooo tired, it seems to be a permanent state these days.  Saturday I went to the ERTF Conference at Girton College, Cambridge - the nearest I get to saying I was at Uni in Cambs!!! he he  Lovely day, its so nice to now be getting to know more and more people.  Chris the leader and Mentor of The Material Girls gave a talk about making art work with a group from another country and exhibiting that work in those respective countries.  You can see more on Chris' blog.  And Chris gave the Materials Girls present a bit of a suprise.... no doubt more of that to come in the future.  Let's just say... gulp!
Today the group is off to London for a research trip on the next project, without me.  I'm not a London person, find it very hard to deal with - but that aside I really don't think I could do the trip justice right now.  I know full well that I wouldn't be able to absorb anything else, and likely come home wishing I'd spent time looking at something else instead of what I did...Too much to think about at the moment - so much so that I missed a personal time sensitive appointment..... and yesterday spent the day on the phone and internet sorting out something else where I'd also missed reading the time line.
There is good news from the ERTF in that the next Exhibition is in the pipeline, so something else to have ticking over in thought, if not in action just yet.
I'm desperate to go and see Collect but find myself fully occupied for the entire four days its on.  What a pain, my life is like that, guarantee big empty spaces and then times (like this past Saturday) where I can easily be in two or three places on the same day.  So I just have to settle for the very entertaining blog of Louise Gardiner.
However, amongst it all I have done some work.  And you can see bits of it below:
Mhmmm, this is Inktense sticks on cartridge paper, but instead of washing over with water, I used gesso, to get a chalky/softer effect.   And stitched on top, will actually be diamonds, not square on.  Its a background for a piece for the EG which needs to be handed in next week!!!
I've also got to do some other bits, plus photos and paperwork for deadline next week.... sigh.
In the meantime there is also this:
This is the green piece from the previous posting after more attacking, with various paints and inks - like it much better now... and original plans when in previous incarnation have now been shelved as it fits in much better with another project.

No comments: