24 November 2012

The C Word (computers and cleaning!)

Attended the ERTF World Textiles Conference this past Saturday.  It so nice to catch up with people, course now I'm on the Committee and now we've been going for a while people are getting known to each other.  I took supplies to sell in the inhouse shop, and managed to make some sales, so that is good.  The guilt over the volume of stash is pacified.  Though as I tell him indoors, you should see what other people have, my stuff would fit in a corner compared!!!

Its time for a Spring Winter clean.  No, not the house, don't be silly, my personal arty records on the puter.  Phew feels a lot better now to be up to date.  cv is done, and updated on my website.  I've renamed/dated things properly so I can find them.
And the biggest and most outstanding job.... my records of each individual piece.  I got myself in a muddle this year because I'd not updated things, like where the work has been shown. Ended up submitting something which had already been shown at that event!!!  With so much extra personal paperwork this year, I didn't discover my error til a few months later, so upset with myself.
I didn't keep records of pieces for a long time, (save my notes as I made and photo of finished item) until one day the lightbulb went off... going into the garage for about the tenth time to measure a piece of work, so I could fill in a form about it... duh, idiot, why not have that info listed.  So I have an Excel chart, and its easier.
Next ask will be to draw up a plan for next years art work... sounds efficient and likely won't work out, but I think a rough, need to have made by Spring, need to be in process by Summer.  This got me through all my CandG studies, I love a nice tick when its done.  I also know I need to pace things properly for a while, too much gone on this year, and its not finished yet.  I need some free brain space, all this flitting between all my arty projects and other aggro. My list for dangling people who annoy, out of the 10th floor window by their ankles continues to grow.  Some repeat offenders might only be held by one ankle!!!  (rubs hands together in anticipation, mwah ha ha)

Next is the dreaded C word... and I'm wondering what I should buy myself crafty wise.  As a child I always had something to make, frequently Boxing Day afternoon I would get it out and enjoy. Stitch kits, pink paisley knitting bag, that latest craft gadget from K-tel, Ronco, or whatever the companies were called. In recent years I lapsed back in time and bought myself a flower loom, as yes had one of those back in the day. I might make myself a crocheted Afghan square bag... I made one of those as a teen, and have a yearning.  As I will spend part of Xmas alone, ideal opportunity to indulge, (wot you don't already?) with something a bit silly.  Just need to work out what....

1 comment:

Diane Kelsey said...

Loved KTel at Christmas. You sound like you are going to be ultra organised next year, I have tried this year, an improvement has been seen, but I am still failing big time. Also love a good tick list, on the computer or on a note pad!